Just before the NGG’s “Growing People, Growing Impact” conference, that will be held in conjunction with Microsoft, we are pleased to share with you our Mentoring Tips on how to make mentoring work.
- Strategy – Align Mentoring project goals with your company’s strategy
- Coherence – Make mentoring a part of the mentor’s and mentee’s wider development plan. Make them accountable for it
- Clarity – Define clear objectives for both mentee and mentor and monitor the process
- Matching – Match mentors and mentees according to skills, development needs and areas of interest
- Support – Provide simple user-friendly tools for mentor and mentee to support the process